Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chili

I promise I have been cooking! I just have not had much spare time to post the recipes here. :) So tonight, I will try to catch up. We had Chili tonight. It was great! I went ahead and made the chili recipe in the "Lancaster Family Recipe" cookbook, then made frito Chili Pies. Yummy!
The Verdict:

Zach: "Thumbs Up! Needed a little more spice." 
JT: "Very Good, it makes me strong." 

Chili

1 ¼ to 1 ½ lbs. ground round or chuck                     
 1-15 oz. can pinto beans (optional)
1/3 cup chopped onion                                               
1 pkg. McCormick Original Chili Seasoning
1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes                                     
 1-64 oz. can tomato juice (set aside 1 ½ cups)       

Crumble meat in skillet, sprinkle with ¼ t. salt.  Add onion and cook until done.  Drain well.  In 3 quart saucepan, mix all ingredients except the  1 ½ cups tomato juice.  If you want more liquid, add some of the reserved tomato juice.  Bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Good over cooked macaroni.

Can also put in the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours.

I followed the recipe exactly this time... and added the fritos and Cheddar Cheese to make our pies. It was very good. We will make this again soon!
I LOVE CHEESE!

No comments:

Post a Comment