Saturday, January 21, 2012

Easy Cookies


We had enough leftovers for last night and tonight, so I haven’t had to cook any “meals”. Today I thought I would make something sweet  for the boys. While I was looking through the “Lancaster Family Recipe” book I came across “Easy Cookies” which I already had all of the ingredients for. Being the lazy Saturday that it is, I was excited to not have to go to the grocery store!

1 (18.25 oz) box of ANY flavor cake mix
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup of vegetable oil

Mix in large bowl. Make small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-10 minutes.

Variations: (Mix each with egg and oil)
Chocolate cake mix and 1 cup  mint chocolate chips
Yellow cake mix, 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped pecans
White cake mix, 1 cup vanilla chips and 1 cup chp. Macadamia nuts
Yellow cake mix, 1 cup peanut butter chips and 1 cup chp. Peanuts

This is the easiest cookie recipe I have every made, and we all loved it! Family Verdict:

Zach: “They’re good”
JT: “Yea, pretty good”
Will (8 months): “Mum Mum”

We used the yellow cake mix and chocolate chip cookies. I didn’t add nuts because we aren’t crazy about them.

Here is JT with the mix, he had a blast helping!



The final product, very YUM!


2 comments:

  1. Hi. I am Brian's cousin (a Lancaster) & will enjoy reading your blog posts. I have tried a lot of our family recipes but not all. Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I am hoping to get to all of them in the recipe book before I start another book. If there are any you haven't tried and want me to attempt them first I would be happy to!

    ReplyDelete